The game is won or lost way before the traffic of a new campaign starts running.
Selecting a good GEO can make things 10x easier.
Picking a bad GEO can set you up for an mission impossible.
The leverage of the GEO is only matched by the importance of the offer.
There are various reasons for it.
- Proven creatives and angels can bomb in a new GEO
- The offer might not fit the local culture
- The price point can be too high for the local income
- Strict carrier billing regulations can kill the conversion flow
- Low population can kill your earning potential
- High bids can kill your profitability
You see, the work begins way before you actually launch an campaign.